All the things I wish I would've known and thought about before starting my business.
1. Private practice and passive income sources for RDs (this is where we talk about opportunities beyond 1-to-1 counseling)
2. Business basics you MUST know such as structuring your business, picking a name, where to see clients, tax status, and other helpful professionals to get on your team
3. Considerations for an organized business: EMR review, contact information, helpful tools for fax and phone
4. Working with a referring physician's office: Different legal relationships (contractor vs just subletting space vs employee), basic elements of a contract, how to determine rent, smooth referral process
5. Marketing considerations: Thinking about your ideal client, helping clients find you, web presence, marketing plan
6. How to run a discovery call that can convert a prospective client into a paid client.
7. Getting paid: Insurance vs cash pay practice, payment policies, how to become "in-network" aka credential with insurance companies, how to bill, payment considerations, how to accept payments, consolidation of payments, how to deal with denials, package pricing
8. Patient interaction: Process of seeing patients, getting follow-up appointments, important paperwork for patients
9. NEW: Pitfalls to avoid when starting and running your private practice. Learn from all of my mistakes so you can save yourself time and money!